There are lots of tricks that you can do to prolong your car’s life span. These things range from different ways to maintain the car’s serviceability to having it repaired at the slightest creak. If you are doing all these, good for you!
There are also tips that will help you keep away from those expensive car repair bills. You are also ensured that you are safe and you also get to save on costs.
Car Tips and Tricks
These car tips can help you keep away from other car expenses that are not on the scheduled maintenance list. These are methods that you can follow:
- Cool down hot cars quickly. If temperature is very high outside, the temperature inside the car is higher. It is essential that you cool down the car immediately to avoid unnecessary repairs that involve rubber pieces that melted or cracked interiors. One trick that you can do is to open 1 car window. Go to the other side of the car, open one door then shut it close. Do this up to 10 times. This method sucks cool air in, forces hot air out.
- Keep your car keychain light. Yes, you heard it right. The key engine switch is delicate. So if there is too much weight on the keychain, wear and tear is quicker. Another reminder, changing the key engine switch is not a do-it-yourself thing. You need to bring your car in for a repair if this happens. So if you are thinking of saving on the cost of buying another keychain for the kitchen cabinets, think again. Buy key chains for your other keys.
- Efficient use of fuel. One tip to help with efficient fuel use is to check tire pressure every day. With the correct tire pressure, sluggish car driving is avoided and energy is used to the maximum. Another trick is to ensure that there is enough space between your car and the vehicle in front. With this, you save on fuel because you are able to slow down to a stop rather than hitting the brakes (an act which forces the car to use more fuel) suddenly. And when you have to accelerate, you are able to do so slowly instead of flooring it.
- DIY Dents. This is a literally cool way to save money for dent repairs. For small dents, you can use dry ice to spring it back to shape. Using gloves or ice tongs, hold the dry ice over the dent. If the part has cooled down and “moved” a bit, rest. Repeat the process. The part will cool down fast and will slowly go back to its former shape. Do this until the dent has disappeared.
- Adjust the angle of your side mirrors. The best angle for your car’s side mirror can be determined when you look into the side mirror. You should NOT see your car when you look at the mirror. What you should be seeing is the space beyond the car. This way, you get to see the screened spots. Remember when you have to turn your head if you will be switching lanes? That’s the blind corner that you get to see if your side mirror is angled the right way.
Little Things Can Do A Lot
Indeed, there are so many things that car owners do that contribute to car problems. Just a little adjustment on the things that you do whether daily or occasionally can help you with your savings.